Saturday, June 27, 2009

"I restore myself when I'm alone." M.M.

Saturday June 27, 2009

Yep, today was pretty much what I thought it would be… Up early, started laundry and the cleaning by 10am was done by 1pm… Read a lot, picked out a couple of historical fiction books for the beach: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke, Portia Rosenberg and Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon. Siesta at 2ish, then took the movie back, got rid of the bad art work, vacuumed the truck and went for a walk. All in all not to awful boring :o)

Oh! and I got an email from an interesting artist. I am not quite sure about pursuing it but it is outside of my normal realm, so it is intriguing. Art, fast cars, small towns, old architecture, galleries, ballroom dance and swing! All found in one place…to incredible not to check into it.

All of this talk about art makes me remember why I loved school. Constantly having to do something, learn something, and thinking about something that matters to me. Oh damn! I wish I had thought of this earlier, but I can still do it…I should check out the art and history of St. Augustine. Ok so you will be hearing a lot about it over the next week and a half. I am going to do some research and write about it here…

So I must go, plenty of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment